Effective Date: October 1st, 2022
3. Data Controller
Bactopus® is a SaaS Platform developed by Consolidated Telecoms Co. ltd (Ctelecoms). Consolidated Telecoms Co. Ltd. is headquartered in Jeddah, Western Region, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
3.1 Collection of Information and Processing
For any data that is backed up or otherwise processed using Bactopus®, Our Customer always remains the Data Controller and Consolidated Telecoms acts as a Data Processor on behalf of the Customer. Data is Processed in the backend using multiple automated tools (Including Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure Tools) and Customer have the rights to stop and delete any data processing happening using the platform functionalities. Due to the nature of backup & recovery provisioning and encryption involved, the exact categories of data subjects and personal data types may vary depending on the exact use case. Bactopus® Offerings enable our customers to make choices regarding the exact scope of data processing and enable data management through built-in functionalities and privacy settings.
3.2 What data we collect
We are provided with data when Bactopus® is purchased, used, or accessed. We collect, store, and use personal data about you along with other data that is outlined below.
· Name and business contacts (email address, phone number, company, VAT No.).
· Stored data protected by Bactopus®.
· Proceed and Encrypted data using the automated backend tools.
· Microsoft 365 Integrated and Proceed Data by Bactopus®.
· Information submitted to us by completing forms on our website or portal.
· Technical data including electronic identifiers, license entitlement, IP addresses, type of domain names and operating systems, logs, time stamps of usage activities, account modification and authentication metrics, device identifier, browser type and language, access times, account history, and other unique identifiers
· Usage Data, regarding the use of the Bactopus® services, such as log files data.
3.3 Why we use the collected data
· Keep and maintain an accurate and adequate profile administration.
· Delivery and optimization of Bactopus®.
· Backup of Microsoft 365 Data using Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 on the backend.
· Maintain and ensure a secured online environment on our services.
· Optimizing and personalizing the user experience.
· Security, auditing, and marketing purposes.
· Communications about Bactopus®, such as renewal and license notifications.
· Reporting and Analytics.
· Providing support for our Solutions.
· Facilitate the provision of a demo, webinar, event, etc.
· For the purposes of enhancing our services and creating new features, functionality, and services.
3.4 How we use collected data
· Providing technical support, deployment, and solution/software development services, troubleshooting.
· Preventing, detecting, investigating, mitigating, and repairing problems, including security incidents.
· Preventing frauds.
· Internal analysis of customers.
· Bactopus® improvement (maintenance, including installing the latest updates and making improvements to the reliability, efficacy, quality and security).
3.5 How we secure your collected data
We utilize latest security and technological features and safeguards to help protect against unauthorized use, access to or accidental loss, alteration, or destruction of personal data.
Consolidated Telecoms maintains administrative, physical, and technical safeguards and security measures designed to protect data. However, we cannot, and we do not believe that anyone can, genuinely guarantee or warrant absolute security of Personal Data disclosed or transmitted via the Internet to us or a third party.
4. Sharing and Accessing Data
We do not and will not sell Personal or Collected Data to marketers or other vendors and we do not access the data protected by Bactopus®. Consolidated Telecoms may share data or categories of data for the reasons below:
· Third Parties and Service Providers. Consolidated Telecoms may share or store data, including Personal Data, with backend third-party service providers. These Service Providers includes cloud solutions and storage providers (Microsoft 365 and Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365). Service Providers with whom we share Personal Data are contractually bound to use and disclose such Personal Data only for the permitted purposes and to use reasonable security measures to protect Personal Data from unauthorized access and use. Service Providers may be located outside of the jurisdiction in which you reside and are subject to that jurisdiction’s applicable laws.
· Legal Purposes. Consolidated Telecoms may share data, including Personal Data, as necessary to comply with applicable Saudi laws, court orders, or governmental agencies, to protect our security or integrity and that of our customers and partners, or to take precautions against legal liability.
5. Data Retention
We may retain data, including Collected & Personal Data, for as long as necessary to deliver Bactopus® Services or as needed for other lawful purposes. When your data is no longer required due to cancelation of your service, we ensure it is destroyed in a secure manner. We may retain anonymized or aggregated data indefinitely or to the extent permitted under applicable law.
6. Providing information to others
Consolidated Telecoms acts as a Data Processor and Microsoft Corporation shall act as your Sub-processor for data stored on Microsoft Azure and Veeam Software shall act as your Sub-processor for Backup & Restore operations on Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365. In such scenarios respective third party’s terms will apply.